Wage: Up to £40,000
Contract: Permanent, Full-Time
My Client has availability for a Quantity Surveyor to work from their office in Wigan (site visits as required), on a permanent basis.
Salary between £35,000 and £40,000 (depending on experience) + Package.
The role requirements include:
- Assist in the preparation of cost monitoring indicators and monitor site performance on a weekly basis
- Attend and record start-up / progress meetings with Contractors ensuring key actions are captured and allocated.
- Prepare, submit and agree monthly Payment Valuations
- Identification of all forms of variations to a Contract and Notification in accordance with the Contract
- Preparation and valuation of Change Requests for submission to the client in accordance with the Contract provisions
- Negotiation of Final Account settlements
- Evaluate and report contract commercial performance and financial recovery – Monthly & End Life
- Responsibility for contract administration
The Candidate should have the following:
- A construction based commercial qualification at degree level.
- Demonstration of previous experience of working within the construction, infrastructure and civil/building engineering sectors.
- Communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to develop close relationships – both internally and externally
- A well organised and disciplined approach to work
- Confidence to work on own initiative with a positive attitude, planning and preparation skills
- NEC Contract experience
- Full UK Driving Licence
Apply for Quantity Surveyor