Head of Quality – Sheffield Forgemasters – £DOE
Morgan King Engineering are delighted to be retained as the exclusive partner for Sheffield Forgemasters, in their appointment of a Head of Quality.
Founded in 1805 with deep roots embedded into Sheffield’s steel city heritage, Sheffield Forgemasters expertly produce bespoke steel Castings & Forgings supplied into highly regulated industries including:
- Defence & Marine
- Civil Nuclear
- Steel Processing
- Power Generation
- High Pressure Reactors
The business compromises of a large foundry, forge, machine shops, work rolls a melt shop and site maintenance engineering, spanning across a large 64 acre, 600 head facility in the heart of Sheffield.
After the recent acquisition of the business in 2021, the Ministry of Defence have pledged a £400M investment plan into the site including the installation of a new 13,000 tonne press and multi-million pound flood defences to further protect the site. The business increased turnover in 2022 by just under £60m, with over £80m of new orders placed. Working for Sheffield Forgemasters at this point of their prestigious history is a genuine, career-defining opportunity for anyone looking to add a true market leader to their resume.
The purpose and scope of the Head of Quality role includes:
- Manage SFEL’s Quality certification and be responsible for maintaining the company’s Quality Management System.
- To be up to date with the latest international and customer quality standards.
- To ensure the business has a robust level of independent Quality oversight so that the customer can have an unquestionable confidence in the product conformance.
- Maintaining the approved supplier list and the required quality standards in the supply chain.
- To obtain and maintain the Quality System certification required by the organisation. To maintain and continuously improve the standard of Quality Assurance for Sheffield Forgemasters
Day to date duties and responsibilities include:
- Management of Quality department staff
- Maintenance of QMS
- Coordinating activities in support of key customer objectives for allied quality assurance objectives
- Conducting Internal and external audits as required to Nuclear lead auditor standards
- Conducting 7 step and 8D root cause analysis
- Identification of quality trends
- Training and indoctrination of staff into the QMS requirements
- Maintaining Nuclear Safety culture/ ‘Sub-safe’
- Liaison with technical and Continuous Improvement functions within the organisation.
- Approval and control of suppliers.
- Managing customer and accreditation audits on the company
- Providing data analysis, quality metrics, targets and objectives.
- Informing the Executive and Board with a written periodic Quality management review
- You will be involved in the wider Continuous Improvement activities identifying priority projects and providing direction to the CI initiatives that are central to the business’ strategy for operational excellence.
Morgan King are keen to speak to candidates with the following skillset and experience:
- Experience of working in a “Head of” or senior Quality role in a highly regulated manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable experience of working with various metals manufacturing processes
- Strong academia – degree or HNC/HND level
- Knowledge of Defence Manufacturing and AQAP 2110 Quality Requirements advantageous
- Knowledge of Nuclear Quality System requirements – ASME QSC, NPT, RCC-M, ISO 19443 highly advantageous
- Knowledge of Offshore Oil & Gas regulations advantageous
- ISO9001 Lead Auditor qualified
- Strong relationship builder with an ability to communicate effectively with all levels internally and externally
- Proven people management experience with a previous track record of people development
Are you interested in adding value to a genuine, world-class organisation where Quality is key to the business? Contact Jack Hattersley at Morgan King Engineering for all enquiries.
T: 07496 487 557
All third party CV submissions will not be accepted and sent directly to Jack Hattersley at Morgan King Engineering for review.
Apply for Head of Quality – Sheffield Forgemasters – £DOE