Asbestos Laboratory Supervisor
Wage: Up to £36,000
This is an exciting new vacancy for an Asbestos Laboratory Supervisor to focus on the delivery of a high quality and fully compliant service (primarily asbestos bulk-sampling analysis) to a large portfolio of clients, whilst leading a well-established team of Lab Analysts.
This role is ideal for an an experienced Lab Supervisor/Manager or an ambitious Lab Analyst looking to take the next step in their career. Our client is looking for an individual with strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively communicate and motivate a team.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensuring all client works are being delivered in accordance with contractual requirements and to the required level of quality in accordance with UKAS.
- Supervision of laboratory staff creating an engaged and professional team
- Ensuring the effective delivery of all laboratory and quality assurance services in the laboratory
- Supporting the operational and commercial performance of the asbestos team in delivering our key business objectives and targets and the asbestos service plan objectives and targets.
- Asbestos related training and development for trainees and other laboratory staff
- Carrying out laboratory services including in-house laboratory analysis and asbestos sampling
- Daily supervision to the team, providing support, guidance, ensuring line management activities are delivered to a consistently high standard.
- Recruitment, inductions, briefings and staff engagement, people management/development, H&S, management of resources, managing performance and managing compliance.
- Measuring and reporting on productivity levels within the laboratory, producing work splits for the team, produce daily status reports on work progress and correctly prioritising samples.
- Supporting UKAS accreditation and quality management arrangements
- Supporting the Laboratory Manager with the management of all equipment, PPE, inventory, consumables, waste management and calibration reminders.
- Basic salary of up to £36,000
- 26 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Private medical cover
- Enhanced company pension
- Good transport links
- Working alongside a close knit and supportive team
- Additional career progression and training opportunities available to support further growth within the business.
The successful candidate will have:
- BOHS P401 qualification
- Previous experience working as a Lab Analyst with a full understanding of all areas of laboratory analysis and asbestos sampling.
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to effectively communicate and motivate a team
- Good problem solving skills
- Great attention to detail and organisational skills
Apply for Asbestos Laboratory Supervisor