Business Development Manager
Location: Yorkshire/North West/Midlands (however nationwide travel will be required as part of this role)
Wage: Up to £50,000 + bonuses
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Manager to join a leading multidisciplinary business offering services to various sectors in the environmental industry including Asbestos Consultancy, Compliance, Asbestos Removal, Fire Risk and Legionella.
The business has huge growth plans for the next 5 years so now is the perfect time to develop your career within the sales division of an already successful company. They are looking for a real go-getter with a strong sales skills and a consistent record of winning new business to add to their existing portfolio of housing and commercial contracts.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary up to £50,000 depending on experience
- Performance related bonus
- Company car and fuel card
- Career progression encouraged - continual personal development is discussed during yearly appraisals.
- Training opportunities to help you gain extra industry-related qualifications and experience
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Laptop and phone provided
Role and responsibilities:
- Maintaining and developing a wide network of contacts and building effective relationships within the asbestos removal, survey, analytical and testing marketplace through which you will generate opportunities for new business.
- Proactively prospecting new clients and promoting asbestos services to generate new leads and opportunities.
- Supporting the production and delivery of quotation documentation and sales presentations.
- Contributing to all aspects of the strategic sales process including awareness campaigns, presentations, exhibitions and sales collateral.
- Working closely with the operations team to identify new service stream opportunities and potential client sectors and actively sell these.
- Preparing and undertaking a thorough hand-over to operational colleagues once each sale is closed and the contract awarded
- Working with senior technical and managerial staff to convert opportunities to orders and account manage the delivery of services.
- Maintaining a strong knowledge of market trends including client and competitor activity and industry innovations
- Attending sales meetings and networking at industry events
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge and experience in selling asbestos removal or consultancy services
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and client-facing skills
- Confident and a persuasive manner
- Full UK driving license with a flexible approach to travel
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to present and close deals face to face
- Track record of managing accounts
- Excellent commercial acumen
Apply for Business Development Manager