Asbestos Auditing & Training Manager
Wage: Up to £40,000
Are you ready to embark on a rewarding career journey with a company that values innovation, teamwork, and professional growth? Look no further! Our client, a leader in the asbestos industry, is on the lookout for a passionate and talented Asbestos Auditing & Training Manager to join their expanding team.
This role is ideal for an experienced Asbestos Surveyor/Analyst with an interest in auditing, training and quality, looking for the next step in their career.
This role will be a fee earning role within the asbestos team, with approximately 50% of available time spent delivering asbestos surveys and other asbestos related work on site.
Role and responsibilities:
- Directly managing Trainee site staff, ensuring they succeed in qualifying to undertake asbestos surveying and analytical work.
- Occasionally supporting the Asbestos Managers with the supervision of field based Asbestos Surveyors, Analysts and sub-contracted Associates deployed on a range of contracts.
- Generating fees through the personal delivery of asbestos surveys and other asbestos related project work.
- Working collaboratively with the Operations Manager and other members of the senior management team to ensure an integrated approach to training, auditing and service delivery.
- Acting as Deputy to the Laboratory & Quality Manager in their absence as and when required (the necessary guidance and training will be provided to achieve this) – progression into greater involvement with the Quality Team is a likely direction, if desired.
- Delivering the induction and training programme for Trainee Asbestos Surveyors & Analysts in conjunction with other leaders and assistant leaders, ensuring they obtain and maintain the required skills, technical qualifications and competencies to fulfil their role successfully.
- Leading the delivery of a 5% auditing programme of field based work across the asbestos business in accordance with UKAS requirements.
- Undertaking an agreed number of monthly quality assurance audits of field based staff to support quality control, ensuring that learning is applied and embedded from audit results.
- Contributing to the achievement of all agreed financial performance targets (turnover, gross profit and net profit) through the achievement of agreed productivity targets.
- Fostering positive, productive and long-lasting relationships with clients. You will provide an operational point of client contact as and when required by the Operations Manager, offering advice to these clients on all aspects of asbestos management and for management of the relationship and contract that exists with these clients.
- Supporting with the mobilisation of new asbestos contracts or projects as and when required by the Operations Manager, attending client meetings when required.
- Assisting with the recruitment of new qualified staff and new trainees.
- Basic salary of up to £40,000
- Company van and fuel card
- Company credit card
- 26 days holidays plus bank holidays, increasing after length of service and the option to carry holidays forward.
- Private medical cover
- Enhanced company pension
- Working alongside a close knit and supportive team
- Additional career progression and training opportunities available to support further growth within the business, including the development to become a UKATA approved trainer to support the Quality & Lab Manager.
The successful candidate:
- P402, P403 & P404 qualifications or equivalent
- P401, P405, S301/W504 Written or CCP/CoCA (beneficial)
- A solid work history working as an Asbestos Surveyor/Analyst for UKAS accredited consultancies.
- Flexible approach to travel – the bulk of the work will be based around London/South, however there will occasionally be a requirement to travel outside of your region including overnight stays.
- A good communicator who is able to confidently work with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to effectively communicate and motivate a team
- Good problem solving skills
- Great attention to detail and organisational skills
Apply for Asbestos Auditing & Training Manager