SME Financial Controller £70- £75k FTE
SME Group Financial Controller, PART TIME
£70- £75k (FTE)
Peterborough (Office based with flexible hours)
24- 30 hours per week
About the business
This relentlessly growing SME business, specialising within the construction sector, are looking to appoint an experienced group financial controller. Joining at a vital time, you will help drive their business forwards and be instrumental in their impressive growth plans. This business has grown year on year, with no signs of slowing down. Working in a buoyant culture, you will be reporting directly into the entrepreneurial Manging Director and will assist with the plans to expand into the European market.
About the role:
As financial controller you will hold regular reporting and strategy meetings with the Managing Director & the portfolio Finance Director. Your initial key focus will be to continue the running the financial controls & identify areas of improvement throughout the growth. You will also develop to provide consultative and appropriate recommendations on cost savings and areas of capacity to grow and recruit further.
Duties & responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the overall financial management of the company
- Participating in the budgeting process.
- Managing financial transactions.
- Managing HMRC compliance.
- Evaluating and managing risk.
- Monitoring and managing financial controls.
- Daily upkeep of financial forecast. Analysing operational system from a profitability perspective
- Management Accounts preparation.
- CIS returns
- Raising Sales Invoices, chasing Purchase Orders, chasing Clients for Payment, Support when Quoting on Projects.
- Reviewing VAT transactions and filing Quarterly VAT returns with HMRC
- Preparing and filing Payroll and Pension submissions.
- Responsible for the full payroll calculations and processing.
- Reviewing, approving, and paying expenses and making salary payments.
- Direct report of one Accounts Assistant.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified or Part-Qualified in either CIMA, ACCA, ACA
- Experience working as an FC within an SME
- Experience and skill using Microsoft Excel is essential.
- Experience of running a company Payroll is essential.
- Experience with CIS returns is essential.
- Strong stakeholder management Professional & confident